1. Background and brief history of VC industry in the US, and in other parts of the world
2. Fundamentals of venture capital industry
3. Key successful factors for VC industry
4. Assessment of current China venture capital industry, and future prospects
5. Advices to interested students for entering this industry, as entrepreneurs, investment professionals, or related professionals
BIO -- Adj. Prof. Dr. Martin Haemmig
Dr. Martin Haemmig completed the first truly global venture capital research with 600 pages, covering 13 countries in Asia, Europe, plus Israel and the United States. He is a researcher, lecturer and advisor to leading universities and global organizations that deal with venture capital issues. He is author of books, academic papers and articles on the "Globalization of Venture Capital", private equity investor issues and venture capital-financed companies (in English / Chinese / German). He lectures at UC Berkeley, Stanford, UniBW Munich, ETH Zurich, Peking, Renmin and at Tsinghua University in China.
Martin Haemmig earned his electronics degree in Switzerland and his MBA and doctorate degree in California. During his 20 years of industry experience in global companies as technologist and business executive, he became Swiss national marketing champion in 1994.